What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to add line and labels on a map

Votes:

Is there a way to add labels on the map. For example, I am using the may to create a network diagram of each of our locations. I want to add a label for each store location such as "Normal and "Springfield" I was also wondering if there was a way to add a black line across the map. I want to separate the headquarters network devices on the map from the rest of the stores. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

labels lines map

Created on Jan 25, 2012 9:34:48 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This gives you label, put in HTML before (just example, adjust to your needs):

<p style='font-size: 26px; font-weight: bold; color: white;'>SYSTEM MONITORING</p>

This gives you horizontal line:

<p style='width: 300px;'><hr></p>

A lot can be achieved with css styling in HTML before and HTML after

Cheers

Created on Jan 31, 2012 10:20:11 AM

Last change on Mar 1, 2017 10:25:27 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid such black lines would have to be done using the background-image. Labels can be created by simply writing text into the HMTL Before/After properties of a map object.

best regards.

Created on Jan 26, 2012 3:05:12 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This gives you label, put in HTML before (just example, adjust to your needs):

<p style='font-size: 26px; font-weight: bold; color: white;'>SYSTEM MONITORING</p>

This gives you horizontal line:

<p style='width: 300px;'><hr></p>

A lot can be achieved with css styling in HTML before and HTML after

Cheers

Created on Jan 31, 2012 10:20:11 AM

Last change on Mar 1, 2017 10:25:27 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank You! I will try these out and let you know how they work.

Created on Jan 31, 2012 2:34:18 PM

Votes:

Is there a way to put the label on the left side of the icon. I have all my store devices going across the map from left to right. This put the label above the first device. If I can get that then it works for me.

Created on Jan 31, 2012 4:34:53 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.