What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Alarms are not getting away?

Votes:

I have setup some of the Cisco MIBs for UC 500. When I disconnect one of the IP phones, alarm was generated but when I plugged back the phone, the alarm is still there. Can somebody suggest what is an issue?

alarm mibs prtg

Created on Jan 30, 2012 7:25:42 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

does adding the sensor anew help, respectively does the new sensor then work? If so it could be that the interface numbers/OIDs did change which causes the 'old' sensor to cease working. You could also try checking this with our SNMP Tester which also is able to scan with oidlibs.

best regards.

Created on Jan 31, 2012 2:55:12 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, Its for Cisco IP phone and I downloaded the MIBs from Cisco website recently and pretty sure that it hasn't changed. I downloaded SNMP Tester but donot have much information about how it works. Can you provide me any link for its documents?

Created on Jan 31, 2012 3:07:15 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid the link to the SNMP Tester includes the documentation we have on it. To scan with oidlibs simply enable the according option in the Tester and select the oidlib. Have you tried adding a new sensor?

Created on Jan 31, 2012 5:57:41 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.