What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Graphing jmx-console values from JBoss

Votes:

I'ld like to add a sensor for jmx-console values coming back from JBoss, can anyone tell me how to do this or has anyone written any plugins to monitor jboss?

java jboss jmx

Created on Mar 26, 2010 3:57:44 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

I have created a custom EXE sensor that executes a bit of Java code that pulls memory utilization data from a remote JMX server. I created a batch script as a wrapper around my Java application and place both batch file and Java jar file in the PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\EXE directory. The batch file just executes the Java app, passing in parameters:

@echo off

cd C:\Program Files\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\EXE java -jar heapchecker.jar %1 %2 %3 %4

The params are: hostname/IPaddress JMX port warning_threshold error_threshold example: myhost.mydomain.com 6969 85 95

The above example would warn when memory utilization reaches 85% of max memory and error when it hits 95%.

My Custom sensor executes the batch script and passes in the parameters for the machine name and port to be monitored and the alerting thresholds.

I can post the code for the Java application if that would help.

Created on Feb 24, 2011 2:04:15 AM

Votes:

Could you post the code

Created on May 31, 2012 12:17:38 PM

Votes:

Been a long time, but Im looking for just this as well. If anyone have JMX heaps dumping to PRTG graphs, please post some details. Thank you!

Created on Oct 18, 2012 5:47:42 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.