What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP Download Sensor Problem

Votes:

Hi Guys,

I have created a sensor that checks http page (full download time), sometimes the sensor goes down with the following message:

Sensor down: temp_dir_.CreateUniqueTempDir().

At the same time, I'm going online and able to open that page on the site, however sensor says otherwise.

Any ideas how to resolve it?

http linux prtg sensor

Created on Feb 8, 2012 5:55:28 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,
a fix will be available with the next major release of PRTG which most likely will be rolled out in May. In the meantime please search on your system drive for "scoped_dir". You may delete the found folders. Then the sensor should work normally.
Best regards

Created on Apr 3, 2012 9:01:00 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

8 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
I'm assuming you are using the Chromium Full Page Sensor? We are aware of this issue and working on a fix. As a workaround please run the probe service on a different user account than the system account.
This should solve the issue for the moment. Please bear with us.
Best regards

Created on Feb 9, 2012 8:43:13 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Any news on thins? We have the same problem. Regards, Juergen

Created on Feb 26, 2012 3:11:35 PM

Votes:

Hi,
at the moment we only can provide a workaround. Which means running the probe with a non-system account. This will prevent the error.
We are still working on a fix. So please bear with us.
Best regards

Created on Feb 27, 2012 8:40:04 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

HI,

Has this been fixed yet? I have also started experiencing this problem and do not appreciate the 1000 emails in my inbox this morning.

Thanks.

Created on Mar 27, 2012 11:04:24 PM

Votes:

Hi, still working on the issue. Please use either the IE Fullpage Sensor or run the probe service as a normal user. This should prevent the sensor from going into error state. Best regards

Created on Mar 28, 2012 6:34:18 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have now received the error with the probe running under a non system account.

ETA???

Created on Apr 3, 2012 4:17:02 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,
a fix will be available with the next major release of PRTG which most likely will be rolled out in May. In the meantime please search on your system drive for "scoped_dir". You may delete the found folders. Then the sensor should work normally.
Best regards

Created on Apr 3, 2012 9:01:00 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.