What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Editing PRTG graphs

Votes:

I want to create two separate graphs i.e., for traffic in and traffic out. Can you tell me how do I change the traffic data graph which currently is showing four channels into one graph to four individual graphs for each channel?

graphs separate-graphs traffic-graphing

Created on Feb 9, 2012 9:15:31 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

the way to do this would be using the Sensor Factory Sensor, and then adding for of those each one showing one of the source channels.

best regards.

Created on Feb 10, 2012 2:35:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks so much for the reply! I referred the link you provided but it seems there is a lot of mathematical work involved in this. I just want to see one graph with two channels into two individual graphs with one channel each. Is there any video tutorial for this?

Created on Feb 13, 2012 7:58:44 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid there is no video tutorial for this. All you need are the Sensor IDs from the "Source Sensors" and the Channel IDs from the different channels (Traffic In/Out). Then you'll get a definition similar to:

#1: Traffic In for Sensor/Interface XYZ
Channel(SENSOR_ID,CHANNEL_ID)

Traffic In usually has the CHANNEL_ID '0' and Out has '1'. You'll then need one Sensor Factory Sensor per graph basically.

Created on Feb 14, 2012 2:12:01 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.