What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Reports won't run

Votes:

I recently upgraded computers and followed the instructions of copying the data, setting, etc. over to the new pc. I went from a Windows XP Pro, to a Windows 7 Professional. The reports that were scheduled to run nightly have not ran since. I have also created new reports with no luck having them run either. Is there some scheduler not running properly? Or is Windows Scheduler used to run the reports or does PRTG have it's own reporting engine? I believe I have all settings mirrored from the original pc where the reports generated and emailed just fine. Any help is appreciated.

prtg report schedule

Created on Feb 14, 2012 10:25:36 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

are there any ToDos referring to problems with the Reports?

best regards.

Created on Feb 15, 2012 2:52:51 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 12, 2012 10:57:35 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

No there sure isn't. There isn't anything related to the Reports in the Todo's other than finished reports that date 1/27/2012. It doesn't appear to run the reports manually either when it involves storing or emailing the report. You can view it via HTML, but no other way does it run.

Created on Feb 15, 2012 4:21:08 PM

Votes:

Could you then please forward us your system log files via email to [email protected] for analysis? You will find the log files within the data directory as defined under the "Core Server" tab of the "PRTG Server Administrator" tool, or in the following default paths:

XP/2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (System)
Vista/2008/Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (System)

Please be aware that it might also be a 'V7' or a 'V8'-folder in which then the "Logs (System)"-folder resides. You can also use the option to upload the logs to our FTP-Server, using the button "Send Logs to Paessler..." on the tab "Logs" in the "PRTG Server Admin Tool".

Created on Feb 15, 2012 4:49:57 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I was just reviewing the log file and noticed

2/15/2012 2:01:09 AM Error creating PDF report: HTML render is blank ID: 3716

Maybe that has something to do with it.

Created on Feb 15, 2012 5:11:54 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.