What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

acknoledged alarms

Votes:

When i acknoledge an alarm until f.e. 20.2.2012. Why show me prtg the alarm?

For Info: The user A is in the holidays and will come back on 20.2.2012. So the ping sensor of his PC bring an alarm. Now i want to bring down the alarm until 20.2.2012. Another Example. Mobile Users come and go. i want to acknoledge the ping alarm of their notebooks until thei will come back, so that i don't have any alarms in prtg.

acknoledge alarm prtg

Created on Feb 15, 2012 2:44:12 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

acknowledged alarms, are still alarms, though they are not errors anymore and will not be displayed under Alarms->Errors Only.

best regards.

Created on Feb 15, 2012 4:37:45 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I think you don't understand what i mean.

I get an ping alarm from PC1. - OK (Reason: the PC is down because the user is in the holidays.) Now i acknoledge the alarm until a certain date in the future. Now the alarm is acknoledged for few hours, but f.e. on the next day the alarm is red again even though i acknoledged it for 10 days.

What i want is: Now alarm until the user is back from the holidays (until the date which i acknoledged the alarm).

Created on Feb 16, 2012 9:42:53 AM

Votes:

If the sensor goes into another state, for instance UP or even unknown, yes then an acknowledged is removed. This can't be changed.

Created on Feb 16, 2012 4:06:36 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.