What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SSH Disk Free - Can I set threshholds for multiple servers and file systems?

Votes:

I am trying to see if PRTG will work for us..

We have 450+ Linux servers and i need to monitor the file systems across them all.

For example, each server has an /opt directory and many have /oracle.

Can I set up universal group rules to do something like "On all servers, if /opt gets to be 97% free send an email alarm to the operations team" or "On all servers where /oracle exists, if usage gets to 90% send an email alarm to the Oracle support group"

I see how to set them up individually on each device but does that mean I wold need to set up 450 different individual alarms for /opt? If all servers are in a group is there a way to set up a parent group rule for /opt that would say "For all 450 servers in this group apply this /opt threshhold alarm to them all"

If it can then PRTG might be the tool for us.

disk free linux prtg ssh

Created on Feb 17, 2012 4:28:00 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

it may not be possible for all at once, but the Multi-Edit should help here.

best regards.

Created on Feb 20, 2012 1:46:31 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Okay so each server would need to have each file system alarm set up as an individual threshhold?

I guess what I am looking for is more of a system wide alarm point.

Created on Feb 20, 2012 8:25:29 PM

Votes:

You can use the Multi-Edit to change the limits on several sensors at once (of several devices).

Created on Feb 21, 2012 12:13:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.