What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how o can receive text triggered alarms [traps]

Votes:

Dears i need you support pls i have PRTG server and i want to get test trapped alarms i already revived the bandwidth in/out from the devices, and the PRTG is making the data row & the graphs

what i need is who can i receive text alarms that is triggered by the remote servers through the SNMP the remote side already did this on the OSS monitoring system, but i want to remove the OSS and replace it with the PRTG since am using PRTG for more than 2 years and its more reliable

so the question is how ill do this, what type of sensor ill use to receive the text alarms according the the priority [critical, important ... etc.]

prtg9 snmp-custom-sensor snmp-trap

Created on Mar 4, 2012 10:29:28 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Torsten

appreciate your feedback, maybe i didn't explain my problem properly i succeeded reviving SNMP from the remote device, but my problem that i am monitoring only the ports in/out traffic from PRTG side while what i want is to monitor the logs generated by the system [clear test contents] so how i can do this

pls advice

Created on Mar 5, 2012 1:06:48 PM

Votes:

Are these 'logs' then SNMP Traps? Or what exactly are they?

Created on Mar 5, 2012 2:31:43 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.