What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Per-User Access Delegation

Votes:

Is there any other methodology to manage access rights to probes other than by using groups? "User Group Access" appears to be the only method available under the probe settings, so how do other, large installations manage this more granularly?

For example, we may have one person that has "Full" access rights to a probe, while the other 15 technicians only have read access. Do we have to create a group for each user that contains only that user to accomplish this?

Thanks, Matt

access-rights permissions user-groups users

Created on Mar 6, 2012 2:47:02 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Sorry that's not possible.

Created on Mar 6, 2012 8:47:51 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Matt,

if the users access generally the same objects, then you can simply change the user-type to Read-Only in the Settings of the User-Accounts.

best regards.

Created on Mar 6, 2012 5:25:04 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry Torsten, I guess I wasn't clear enough with my question. In the Access Rights selection for the settings of an item, is it possible to change the permissions for a single user, or is this only manageable through groups? Group List Example

The reason for asking is because there may be only a single user of a large group that needs access to modify the sensors, while in another device there may be a single user of that same group that needs those permissions.

Created on Mar 6, 2012 8:27:32 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Sorry that's not possible.

Created on Mar 6, 2012 8:47:51 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.