What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can we please get a remote probe installer version for Mac OS X

Votes:

We are installing many mac mini computers at remote locations and would be delighted to be able to monitor those networks without having to install an additional PC.

mac prtg remote-probe-install

Created on Mar 6, 2012 6:34:31 PM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

PRTG's core server and the probes run on Windows only. So we can't offer you a mac installer.

We have seen customers running the probe on Linux using the Wine Windows emulator system, but this is not officially supported.

We may be able to offer a linux/OSX based probe later, though, but I can not make a statement about the timing.

Created on Mar 7, 2012 11:02:13 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

I would love this too!

Created on Apr 17, 2012 5:46:51 PM

Votes:

I would also love to see Mac OS X and Linux versions available for the core and remote probes. Thanks.

Created on Jun 20, 2013 2:30:43 AM

Votes:

Any chance that we'll see an OSX remote probe version?

Created on Nov 6, 2018 10:07:33 PM

Votes:

Hi Brian,

Currently there are no plans for a dedicated Mac OSX Probe. However you could check our Python Mini Probe to see if it feasible for you:
https://blog.paessler.com/mini-probes-part-3-prtg-python-mini-probe-for-linux

Best regards.

Created on Nov 7, 2018 6:49:23 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.