What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Maintenance Alert on an Printer

Votes:

Hi, is there any Option to create an Alert that send me an E-Mail if an Maintance must be done on an Printer? So Seenario is, we have some Printer that have to maintan all 20000 Papers. So If i create an Alter at 19000 Sites i have time enough to buy an toner.

Hopefully someone could help me

altert maintenance snmp-sensor

Created on Mar 9, 2012 1:43:12 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

what results does the sensor provide? The total number of printed pages?

best regards.

Created on Mar 9, 2012 3:15:44 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes Thais right!i have One Sensor with totaly printed Pages!

Created on Mar 9, 2012 4:24:27 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid the only way I see right now would be a Threshold-Trigger or using the Error/Warning-Limits, and then once reached, adjust them to the next 20.000-step.

Created on Mar 9, 2012 4:26:31 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Its not possible to say in SMTP Sensor (character string) if the data is over the Limit (Paper quantety) give an Alert ?

I tested with the string ">number of Pages" but it doestn work

Created on Mar 9, 2012 8:17:57 PM

Votes:

i have choosen the error warnining level, so if i change the Maintanance kit i ajust the print pages warning level. Thx for Help !!

Created on Mar 11, 2012 11:20:10 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.