What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SQL sensor time out

Votes:

I am new to PRTG. I create a MS SQL sensor with known good SQL account, but I am keep getting Time out error. Manual test through ODBC DSN with the same account is fine. Please help.

Thanks

sqlsensor

Created on Mar 9, 2012 2:25:41 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

which SQL-Sensor are you using? MySQL, Microsoft or Oracle? Also which version of PRTG are you running?

best regards.

Created on Mar 12, 2012 10:50:03 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It is MSSQL sensor. The target server is MSSQL 2008, and the sensor connection is using SQL user account. I also tried to connection a MSSQL 2005 server with the same problem. PRTG V9.2.0.2235 is running on Windows 2008 R2 Standard edition.

Thanks DJ

Created on Mar 12, 2012 1:23:20 PM

Votes:

I think that I entered the wrong format at instance entry. I should just put the instance name, instead of serverName\instanceName. But, where should I place the serverNmae?

Thanks DJ

Created on Mar 12, 2012 1:43:46 PM

Votes:

Just use the Instance Name, the ServerName should be taken from the parent device.

Created on Mar 12, 2012 2:25:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you!. It works now.

Created on Mar 21, 2012 7:16:08 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.