What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

notification on schedule active possible

Votes:

I'd like to be able to send a notification for a down on a switch port.

e.g.

• port 1 down in the weekend sends an sms (gold customer)
  • port 2 down in the weekend sends no sms (normal customer)

I tried to user pause by schedule, but that of course pauses the port and no historic data is available.

In PRTG it's fine if anything gives an error, we just want to select what sensor sends an notification in the weekend and off-work-hours

notifications schedule sensor

Created on Mar 9, 2012 3:31:24 PM

Last change on Mar 9, 2012 3:59:27 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Use a Schedule with a Notification

You can not only define a schedule for the monitoring of objects, but also for a notification itself. This should solve your issue.

In the PRTG web interface, select Setup | Account Settings | Notifications. In the settings of your notification, in the Schedule section, please select a schedule from the drop-down selection and Save your settings.

Only while this schedule is active, a notification will be sent out if triggered. During inactive times no notifications will be sent. You can additionally define whether withheld notifications will be discarded or sent later once the schedule becomes active again.

Created on Mar 9, 2012 4:04:11 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Mar 12, 2012 1:27:32 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

That does not solve my question. I want notifications for gold customers I do not want notifications for normal customers

Your solution sends no notification what so ever when disabling notification

Created on Mar 12, 2012 8:29:01 AM

Last change on Mar 12, 2012 1:22:00 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Dear Stijn,

please make sure you create two different SMS notifications: one for your normal customers, and an additional one for your gold customers.

Then, add two different notification triggers to your objects in the device tree: one which triggers the notification for normal customers, and one which triggers the notification for gold customers.

Now you can edit the notification for normal customers, so there are no messages sent during certain time spans, e.g. during weekends.

Created on Mar 12, 2012 1:25:41 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Mar 12, 2012 1:26:09 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.