What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG passive Cluster

Votes:

Hello, it's possible has two PRTGs ( one down and other up without cluster ) on two different machine with one licence ?

for exemplo, I wish to have two PRTGs server each one in a different data center. but I don't want to do a cluster I wish only when one server go to down I will be able to start other server in a other data center. the PRTG database isn't need to be synchronized ( graphs, netflow, data snmps etc ). I wish only to have an contingence.

thanks

cluster clustering prtg9

Created on Mar 12, 2012 4:35:52 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

this can only be done with a PRTG Cluster, where the configuration is synced between the nodes, and where running two nodes with a normal license is allowed, otherwise you would need two licenses (except if the Corporate License is used). The Cluster Nodes in a PRTG Cluster do not sync the monitoring database. Each has its own.

best regards

Created on Mar 12, 2012 6:52:16 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, sorry I did understand:

The Cluster Nodes in a PRTG Cluster do not sync the monitoring database. Each has its own.

but when I put the first node in cluster it doesn't sync with master PRTG ??

Created on Mar 12, 2012 7:16:20 PM

Votes:

In a PRTG Cluster sync the configuration file of course, but not the database for the monitoring values.

Created on Mar 12, 2012 7:57:50 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

OK...

I wish put down ( pause ) all my probe node secundary and start it only when the master go down.

it's possible ? what will occur when the secundary node to up and the master is down ?

thanks

Created on Mar 13, 2012 1:30:32 AM

Votes:

No this is not possible. Sorry.

Created on Mar 13, 2012 1:52:25 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.