What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Question to MIB Database

Votes:

Hello together. I'm testing Prtg to monitor our own Software Products. We have an own SNMP MIB which i converted and loaded to prtg.

But i have the following Problem:

when i click on a sensor i have in the "Status" Area the "Last Message" and "Last Result"

In Last result i see the state of the Sensor, in our case 0= not defined; 1= OK; 2=Not OK

But the Sensor Message is always "OK" even when the Sensor Result is 0 or 2.

Is this a mistake in our SNMP implementation or can i tell prtg if Result is 0/2 the sensor failed?

Regards Philipp

prtg sensor snmp

Created on Mar 14, 2012 9:50:27 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

you can try using the Sensors Error-/Warning-Limits on its Channel Settings to do this, by defining '1' as Upper & Lower Warning/Error Limits, so that values below or above '1' will set the sensor into a Error/Warning-state.

best regards.

Created on Mar 14, 2012 4:46:11 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I agree. Since you have 3 values you can set an Upper Error Limit of 2 and a Lower Error Limit of 0 (or a Warning Limit).

Created on Mar 14, 2012 6:33:18 PM

Votes:

Perfect! It works fine. Thank you guys!

Regards Philipp

Created on Mar 15, 2012 9:29:39 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.