What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

wrong autodiscover, cisco switch on a hp proliant server?

Votes:

something is not quite right with the autodiscover process.

I just installed 2 HP proliant dl 360 G7 machines with windos 2008 r2 and for some reason the autodiscover process thinks it should add a sensor of type ciscoswitch, reporting free memory of 5 kb ?

I have no clue where the 5kb comes from, or even why it thinks it should add a cisco type sensor. We don't even run cisco devices on the lan to which PRTG is installed.

Anyway, version I'm running it 9.2.0.2176 but I have found no mention of these issues in the release notes that have come out and are available on the paessler website (https://www.paessler.com/prtg/prtg9history)

auto-discovery cisco hp

Created on Mar 14, 2012 1:22:40 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

hallo,

auto discovery tries to find the vendor of a device by using the unique part in the mac address of the device.

can you send the mac addresses of your two servers to [email protected] so that we can check why PRTG thinks it is a Cisco device?

Created on Mar 15, 2012 8:48:50 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I've sent the mac addresses. Any update regarding these auto-discovery misses?

Thanks

Created on Mar 19, 2012 1:34:26 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.