What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Router Gig Eth Interface not alarming

Votes:

I just loaded the demo version and I have added a 2951 router and used the auto device identification to discover the device. It finds all of the interfaces but when I go unplug the cable on a gig port it continues to show it as UP and OK when it is clearly down down.

Any suggestions? I have deleted and re added it multiple times.

Thanks! Jesse

prtg router status

Created on Mar 15, 2012 10:39:09 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Within the sensor settings, under the "Traffic specific" heading there is an option entitled "Connection State Handling." If you want to be informed when an element is disconnected, please set this option to "Show alarm when disconnected."

Created on Mar 16, 2012 2:58:12 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

That worked perfect, thanks! Is there a way to set that at the group level and have it inherited to all sensor?

Created on Mar 16, 2012 3:23:48 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid that's not possible. But using the "Sensors -> By Type" option, you can list all sensors of this one type, allowing you to select the same using the checkboxes on the right-hand side. Then, either select to edit the sensors or click on the wrench icon: you can now change this setting for all selected sensors simultaneously.

Created on Mar 16, 2012 3:53:23 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

That did the trick, thank you.

Created on Mar 16, 2012 6:01:14 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.