What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Check sensor status

Votes:

I am looking to do a project for my engineer room. I will be following the steps from the project below and need a little bit of guidance. Is there an easy way to poll the PRTG server to see if any sensors are in the down/warning/up state to adjust the light accordingly. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-stoplight-web-server/

Thanks, --- Will Fox

sensors server status

Created on Mar 16, 2012 6:57:31 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

that should be possible, using the PRTG API (Live Data-Tab in the API-Documentation). Maybe using a script to query a list of sensors, and filtering by state. Then if more than 1 sensor is in error-state flash the red light, etc..

best regards.

Created on Mar 19, 2012 3:51:10 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Perfect! Thank you very much for the reponse

Created on Mar 19, 2012 3:56:17 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.