What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI Eventlog - Event ID syntax for lists

Votes:

Is there a syntax for adding a list of three Event IDs numbers that we wish to monitor? I tried a comma separated list, but that resulted in a warning: 80041017: The query was not syntactically valid.

eventid syntax wmi

Created on Apr 1, 2010 4:55:46 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This isn't currently possible with PRTG.

Created on Apr 8, 2010 9:23:34 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hello,

why does PAESSLER play hide and seek with the users? The comma seperated list is not working for the Windows API Event Log sensor even with version 12.2.2 (most recent in Sept / 2012) , allthough the documentation and the online/inline help tells something different.

It took me quite some time to chase this. So i thought it's a good idea to have a look at the KB .... this entry is what i found. It turns me kind of grumpy.....

Created on Sep 28, 2012 2:18:34 PM

Votes:

Thorsten, I apologize for this fault in the documentation, we do of course not 'play hide and seek' with users, but are merely humans, who tend do make a mistake every now and then, even though we try as best and hard as we can to not to.

Created on Sep 28, 2012 2:49:14 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 28, 2012 2:49:54 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.