What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HDD Health will not find all disks

Votes:

I have an Server with three identical SATA-Drives WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 from Western Digital and Mode SATA-600. They have different serial numbers. But PRTG knows only 2 of them. The device with partitions (c: and d:) will not be presented.

What can I do to see all my devices?

Thanks and regards

Gerhard Habighorst

hdd prtg sata

Created on Mar 25, 2012 4:29:41 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
as the HDD Health sensor is based on the S.M.A.R.T. Status of the harddisks, have you made sure that the same is enabled for all HDDs?
Best regards

Created on Mar 26, 2012 9:44:32 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, yesterday i tried to set up HDD Health probes for the 4 HDD in my Server. The drives are all SATA. Like the user before only 2 of 4 disks are recognized. SMART is enabled in all drives and e.g. the SeaTools application from Seagate can read the SMART data from all drives. The 2 hdd which are not recognized are hdd from external cases - perhaps this is related?

Are there any hints for finding the other 2 hdd? Monitoring 2 of 4 is not that good...

Thank You and best regards!

Created on May 16, 2012 6:16:37 AM

Votes:

Hi,
so the not recognized HDDs you are refering to are attached via USB or eSATA?
Best regards

Created on May 16, 2012 1:50:09 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, No, they were in external cases, but i took them out, and placed them in the Server. Now, like i Said, they are connected via SATA.

Best regards

Created on May 17, 2012 3:07:45 PM

Votes:

Note: The below information is outdated. The SMART Test Tool is no longer available.

Hi,
can you please contact us at [email protected] . We then can send you a SMART Test Tool whihc works equally to PRTG but it is only available upon request. Please refer to this KB entry in your email.
Best regards

Created on May 18, 2012 11:42:28 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 10, 2019 12:09:07 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.