What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Defining notifications and triggers as a write user

Votes:

We currently have PRTG 9 set up to monitor all devices and sensors in our domain, this includes branches in different regions. The current PRTG administrator is the monitoring manager and he has defined notifications/triggers on all of the objects we monitor. I am a server administrator and I have been given write access to PRTG so that I can set up a library for all the Windows Servers and create custom notifications for our team. My question is will defining a new trigger for a sensor/device and changing the notification delivery for the servers I monitor, change the triggers only for my specific user or for the administrator and read only users as well (bearing in mind we are not part of the same user group). I hope this makes sense and someone can assist me in this regard. Please advise if I need to provide any additional info. Kind regards

prtg9 sensors triggers

Created on Mar 27, 2012 12:18:44 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

triggers are always sensor-related and not user-access-rights related. So in case of a trigger it's not checked how added it and what are the access rights of that user. But if you work with triggers directly on sensors, all should be fine, existing triggers will of course not be changed by new triggers added from you. Only if you add triggers on group level, these may become active on devices/sensors in that group, which you do not have access to.

best regards.

Created on Mar 27, 2012 4:30:29 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.