What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

APC UPS Input Power Sensor

Votes:

I have an APC Smart-UPS 1500 that I am monitoring using PRTG. I have added the APC ups.oidlib SNMP library and it reads information from the UPS OK but how do I get the sensor to error when the input power to the UPS fails? The input power sensor is: Ups high prec input line voltage the value drops when the input power is off but the sensor doesnt error? Thanks for your help

apc sensor ups

Created on Mar 28, 2012 3:33:19 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
can you try to define a lower error limit for the sensor? Therefore please open the channels tab of the sensor and choose the correct channel. Then scroll down and set the radio button to "Enable Limits" and set a lower error limit. Now when the value drops below that limit the sensor will og to error state.
Best regards

Created on Mar 28, 2012 6:57:38 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, That works! Thanks for your help.

Created on Mar 28, 2012 7:00:23 PM

Votes:

I have a similar UPS unit only a 750. I only had to configure a threshold tigger on the Input Line Voltage, and set it to 100V. When the voltage drops below a 105v, you get an alert. After 60 seconds. The low voltage transfer is set to 106V, so 105V you would know the unit is on battery.

Since Smart-up units have AVR or voltage reduction, you could create another trigger at 128V. This would let you know when the unit is on AVR, but AVR is not a really critical state.

It is odd I that there is an Email alert for the UPS on battery state, and no SNMP 0/1 state for the same thing. Unless there is an OID I do not know about.

Created on Jun 4, 2014 5:49:43 AM

Votes:

Hi,
I'm not aware of an OID which returns this value but you might get in contact with the vendor to check if there is some.

Created on Jun 4, 2014 12:17:44 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.