What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

loading reading historic data taking as long as 7hours

Votes:

1. How can I shorten the loading time while keeping historic data?

2. How can I archieve the historic data that is more than 1yr old (to another storage/drive) to shorten the loading time? (but after archieve, how do I view data that is more than 1yr old when needed)

grapher- prtg traffic

Created on Mar 28, 2012 4:25:13 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

1. A faster PC/Server to run is probably the most effective way to speed this up.
  2. Sorry this is not possible. The only way may be a 2nd PRTG installation, in freeware mode, with all sensors paused, to which you copy the historic data and configuration file each week/month/etc.. Then you can access it on this 2nd PRTG.

best regards.

Created on Mar 28, 2012 12:42:19 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

1. Does any of the prtg version do auto archive? (not delete or "purge data after")?

2. My prtg Version is v6.1.0.757. Regarding the setting of "Backup yesterday's moniotring data files into one zip file at midnight" under "Database backup & maintanence", does it purge any data or the data wili still remain after zip if it check it?

3. What is the different between "purge data after" or "purge event after" setting? (Apparently "purge event after" has no check box. I assume it is enforce by default.)

Created on Mar 29, 2012 12:53:58 AM

Votes:

1. No Sorry.
  2. That's only a backup.
  3. Sorry we can't say, please be aware that PRTG 6 is not supported anymore.

Created on Mar 29, 2012 1:38:58 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 29, 2012 1:39:14 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.