What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I set the Failure Threshold for multiple Sensor Factory Sensors?

Votes:

In our monitoring Environment we got about 200 Factory Sensors calculating the percentage used of RAM and Harddisk (based on SNMP Sensors)

Now we need to set the Failure Threshold for these 200 Sensors so if the are over 90% the Factory Sensor should change into Failure State

When i select several Factory Sensors and want to edit em it wont let me set the Threshold.

Whats the best way to achieve this?

channel edit factory fail multi-edit prtg snmp threshold

Created on Apr 2, 2010 7:07:15 AM

Last change on Apr 6, 2010 7:19:32 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You would have to edit the channel settings for all the sensor factory sensors, but multi edit for channels is not yet available. It will be included in version 8.

You either have to edit all sensors manually, or create a device template with the sensors, limit settings already configured and use that template in an auto discovery.

Created on Apr 3, 2010 12:18:29 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 6, 2010 7:18:02 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.