What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

VMware Host Server (SOAP) - Different Port

Votes:

One of our remote probes needs to monitor it's local vcenter. However, it sits on port 8443. Is there anyway to modify this template to include a custom port other than just HTTP and HTTPS? thanks!

custom-port different-port vmware

Created on Mar 30, 2012 9:02:55 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Michele,

Sorry for the late response. There is still no option to modify the port for SOAP sensors. Have you altered the actual port for SOAP? Changing the port of the webinterface does not change it for SOAP and MOB (managed object browser), as those will still work on port 443.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Mar 19, 2018 8:01:53 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid in the moment this is not possible, but we've put it on the wishlist.

best regards.

Created on Apr 2, 2012 1:16:26 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

are there any news? I also vote for this feature to be implemented. Thank you.

Created on Nov 20, 2012 8:04:14 AM

Votes:

Hello, I have the same issue. I can't use Vmware sensor because it doesn't support custom port. I manage to add sensor when i add the custom port to de device adress but then sensor fail with message "Path format is not supported" Best regards.

Created on Nov 2, 2015 1:51:52 PM

Votes:

Even though some time passed now, this is still unsupported due to the lack of demand. Sorry!

Created on Nov 3, 2015 11:50:13 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

is this implemented in the meantime? we are migrating currently also our ESX Infrastructure to PRTG and this into different PRTG 1XL Environments.

Best Regards Michele

Created on Mar 5, 2018 5:25:23 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Michele,

Sorry for the late response. There is still no option to modify the port for SOAP sensors. Have you altered the actual port for SOAP? Changing the port of the webinterface does not change it for SOAP and MOB (managed object browser), as those will still work on port 443.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Mar 19, 2018 8:01:53 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.