What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

When adding a new user to PRTG they do not see the devices...

Votes:

I have added a new user (first time) and upon login he does not see all of the devices that I see when I login. He has the same rights as me. 1. Are the devices settings a Per User type of thing? 2. Is there a way to back up my "View" and restore it so that he can see the same thing.

It was very time consuming to get our setup just the way I like it to be and I'd hate to have to recreate this for him.

Thank you and love the product. SJ

devices new-user setup

Created on Apr 11, 2012 10:11:31 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hallo,

access rights to devices and sensors are given to user groups rather than individual users,

make sure the new user is in the same groups as you are ore make sure to give access rights to the group the new user is in.

Created on Apr 12, 2012 1:14:16 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you. Yes the new user is in the same group as me, yet does not see the sensors and devices that I see. We are running version PRTG Network Monitor 9.2.0.2125

Created on Apr 12, 2012 2:50:55 PM

Votes:

hallo,

can we access your PRTG installation from outside to take a look at it ourself?

If so. please send the URL and login information and the users we should look at to

[email protected]

Created on Apr 15, 2012 9:51:29 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, I am sorry, but I was able to resolve my issue and it was my mistake :). I had the new user in one group (standard user) and not in the admin user group. Once I put him in the admin user, he was able to see the devices and sensors. My apologies! Best Regards. SJ

Created on Apr 16, 2012 1:37:34 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.