What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Ajax live bandwidth users traffic monotiring

Votes:

I want to monitor the network bandwidth consumption by a live ajax graph. Furthermore, know who is consuming the bandwidth. For example a person consuming most of the bandwidth so I can contact.

Thanks Khalid

bandwidth bandwidth-monitor prtg

Created on Apr 12, 2012 6:34:41 AM

Last change on Nov 8, 2012 10:04:21 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

the Toplists can show you this on Flow/Packet Sniffing Sensors.

best regards.

Created on Apr 12, 2012 2:48:31 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 2, 2021 9:05:10 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

Thank you for your reply,

yes but the graph is not live. It will update each 5 mins.. I want a solution to have a live data of our bandwidth usage and current top usage.

Regards, Khalid

Created on Apr 15, 2012 5:40:51 AM

Votes:

hallo,

there is always a delay in netflow., but no data is lost. Packet sniffing is more "live", but needs more resources and the traffic you want to analyze needs to pass a NIC of the PRTG PC.

Created on Apr 15, 2012 7:52:29 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have seen before in PRTG a graph which displays the network bandwidth in live without the need for refreshing each 5 mins. Is there anyway to configure this, I need steps please.

I have configured the sniffer, I need to display it in a dashboard seperately!

Regards, Khalid

Created on Apr 15, 2012 7:56:48 AM

Votes:

Hallo,

"graph which displays the network bandwidth in live"

use SNMP

"need to display it in a dashboard separately"

please take a look at the maps feature of PRTG

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg9/maps.htm

or

https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/763-how-can-i-safely-publish-my-prtg-data

Created on Apr 16, 2012 6:46:30 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.