What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Azure with PRTG?

Votes:

Hello,

I am trying to monitor my Azure platform. I have downloaded the Azure custom sensor, I have created a certificate and uploaded it on my Azure plaform.

When I try to launch the executable I have the following error "Could not find certificate"..." in the Local machine certificate store".

Is there a tutorial?

Thanks

azure custom-sensor prtg

Created on Apr 18, 2012 12:53:56 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

THIS INFORMATION IS OUTDATED

As a result of ongoing changes in the Azure API, we decided to drop the Azure sensor and GenCert Tool.

Both are no longer available from http://prtgtoolsfamily.com

Created on May 21, 2015 3:23:15 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

have you tried the GenCertTool which is suggested in the sensor's section of the PRTG addons site to install the certificate to the correct cert storeage?

Best regards

Created on Apr 18, 2012 1:11:02 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 25, 2013 9:14:50 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Yes I used GenCertTool to manage my certificate. I can see the certificate in the localmachine certificate store...

Thank you for your answer

Created on Apr 18, 2012 1:15:12 PM

Votes:

Hi Lidir,

Does this mean that your problem is solved now, or are you still facing the same problem?

Regards,

Created on Apr 19, 2012 7:46:52 AM

Votes:

Hello Gerard,

It's still the same ..

Created on Apr 19, 2012 7:57:13 AM

Votes:

Hi Lidir,

Can you contact me directly, so we can exchange some screenshots? My email address can be found here in the left pane under "Send an email"

Regards,

Created on Apr 19, 2012 8:15:08 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

THIS INFORMATION IS OUTDATED

As a result of ongoing changes in the Azure API, we decided to drop the Azure sensor and GenCert Tool.

Both are no longer available from http://prtgtoolsfamily.com

Created on May 21, 2015 3:23:15 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.