What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

UDP port netflow

Votes:

how do i find the right UDP port to track usage using netflow?

netflow-sensor prtg udpport

Created on Apr 19, 2012 3:49:36 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
the port for Netflow Export is normally configured on your router resp. device. The port in PRTG must match the same. Please see this article for details about Netflow monitoring.
Best regards

Created on Apr 19, 2012 6:50:29 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

basically what i want is to be able to find out the download and upload data usage of all computers that connect to my modem,i saw that net flow does this,am i right? also i found the right port in the manual(show below),but still no information is being received.

"[These entries show an inbound FTP (port 21) packet, User Datagram Protocol (UDP) packet (port 6970), and Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) packet (port 0) being dropped as a result of the default inbound rule, which states that all inbound packets are denied.] "

my router is a netgear DG834G v3

Created on Apr 19, 2012 10:12:24 AM

Votes:

Hi again,
from the specification resp. router name you sent I'm pretty sure your router does neither support NetFlow nor supports SNMP. But at least one of those is needed to monitor Traffic on resp. from your router.
With the router you use I'm afraid it is not possible to monitor the traffic.
Best regards

Created on Apr 19, 2012 11:05:56 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.