What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

QoS Roundtrip sensor: DSCP marking missing on return packets

Votes:

PRTG Network Monitor 9.2.1.2279 Trial.

Using the QoS Round trip sensor with DSCP marking set, the packets going to the remote probe have the DSCP value but the packets returning from the remote probe have DSCP = 00.

The QoS Scheduler is present on the network adapters of both (Windows 7) PCs.

Also, DSCP marking works correctly on the remote PC when using the Ostinato traffic generator to generate marked traffic. (http://code.google.com/p/ostinato/).

I am implementing PRTG Network Monitor for general monitoring and to run the QoS Round trip sensor in an IP Telephony environment on Monday (NZ).

Any input on how to have the sensor apply DSCP maring on the return traffic will be appreciated.

Thanks, Scott

dscp qos roundtrip

Created on Apr 19, 2012 8:10:43 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

this will be fixed in a version soon to be released, until then please simply use two one-way QoS-Sensors as a work-around.

best regards.

Created on Apr 19, 2012 11:16:26 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you.

I think we can close this thread. Is there anything you would like me to do?

Created on Nov 19, 2012 11:09:36 PM

Votes:

Sorry, there is nothing to do, we actually needed to remove the DSCP-Setting entirely, as the according Windows API-Function was set deprecated by Microsoft.

Created on Nov 20, 2012 2:45:26 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.