What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Getting started

Votes:

The reason I am interested in this product is because there is evidence of spyware activity on my computer including online accounts being compromised. Yet none of the malware scanners detect anything. Unless I can find how they are getting in it will happen over and over.

What I want this product for is to create a historical log of every single IP addresses that connects to my computer (especially when I leave it idle and it has no reason to connect to anything).

Trying to understand all the concepts of PRTG before i even know if it can do what I want, is an overwhelming deterrent so I was wondering if there aren't any quick get started exercises that do typical tasks like what I want and that I can then build on as I learn more about the facilities of this product.

Thanks for listening :o)

guides security tutorials

Created on Apr 25, 2012 11:05:52 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

thank you for your interest in PRTG. There is some getting started stuff you may want to have a look at. There is the Quick Start Guide, the Video Tutorials Section as well as explanations of some used monitoring techniques, the general basic concepts of PRTG, and our introduction section about monitoring with PRTG.

Please also refer to the manual and for more advanced topic to the knowledge base.

Best regards

Created on Apr 26, 2012 6:28:41 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 10, 2018 4:19:48 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.