What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to read the graph and data, speed vs volume

Votes:

New user, evaluating the product to see if it can help us to find bandwidth hogs on our network. Looking at the NetFlow V9 data coming from our Cisco ASA, I see a graph that shows Total(kbits/s) and Other (kbits/s). Also the chart shows me "Volume and Speed". It is not clear to me how the two relate. Also, Total and Other are always the same. I guess this is because I am only monitoring one device? If someone can point me to some reading material that might help. Thanks

netflow9 prtg reading-chart

Created on May 1, 2012 3:07:59 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

the Speed-Values are of course values in a speed unit as for the scan-interval, so maybe 500 kbit/s for 60s (if 60s is the scanning interval) this would then result in a volume for this 60s of 3.66 MB. The Total Channel on traffic sensors is always the sum of all other channels, if you only have the "Other" channel then of course the Total-Channel will show the same values, as there is nothing to add.

best regards.

Created on May 2, 2012 12:10:35 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 3, 2015 8:10:54 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for the information.

Created on May 2, 2012 1:54:53 PM

Votes:

Sir, how do you get 3.75 Megabytes?

Created on Feb 3, 2015 5:01:46 AM

Votes:

I apologize, it should have been 3.66MB.

Created on Feb 3, 2015 8:11:12 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.