What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Need to record peaks in bandwidth.

Votes:

Currently a report only shows me the Average bandwidth. We need to also see the Maximum spike in bandwidth. With dual providers we have to be able to handle the entire load on either circuit when we have an outage and need to know what spikes we have in a given timeframe.

Thanks.

bandwidth sensor snmp

Created on May 2, 2012 8:32:50 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
you might then use the Historic Data tab of the affected sensors. You can choose to use the RAW monitoring data there where no averages are used.
Best regards

Created on May 3, 2012 7:44:44 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That is where I am at, Historic Data, I changed the Average Interval to Raw Data and still don't see a line listing the Maximum Peak. Looking at that report that way doesn't give me what I need either, I have to report on 5/30/120 minute intervals to my management team and doing the raw data doesn't give me the ability to do intervals.

Created on May 3, 2012 1:03:08 PM

Votes:

Hi,
can you please send a example report and also a screenshot of your settings in the Historic Data tab to [email protected]?
Additional in the Historic Data "report" you can define timframes individually by selecting the range from the datepickers.
Best regards

Created on May 3, 2012 2:36:23 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.