What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Source IP / Destination IP Bandwidth utilization Report

Votes:

I would like to ask if how can I generate report obtaining the the source IP/Destination IP bandwidth utilization. This report should be generated monthly or historical report. I have noticed that it only uses top talkers esp. for netflow. May i know how can i do this.

Thanks!

netflow prtg snmp

Created on May 7, 2012 8:59:04 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm very sorry, but Toplist data cannot be reported. The only way to "work around this if you have Netflow Sensors filtering for certain IPs/Hosts then the normal sensor results can be reported and would also show bandwidth-amounts for certain IPs/hosts.

best regards.

Created on May 7, 2012 2:06:06 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Actually here is the scenario, we want to get the Internet bandwidth utilization of each virtual host (VM's) and the only way to get this is by reading the source/destination IP in the router. We are more concern on the internet bw that has been utilized by this VM and we want to gather data from the system using historical report. Will this be possible?

Created on May 7, 2012 5:38:08 PM

Votes:

If it's not too many VMs you could do this with Custom Netflow Sensors and according Channel Definitions or Filter rules on normal Netflow Sensors: Frequent Questions about Flow (NetFlow, sFlow), Packet Sniffing, Traffic Monitoring and Cisco

Created on May 8, 2012 12:39:09 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 2, 2021 10:24:12 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.