What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How is the sensor Colur changed

Votes:

I have added new sensors to a Server. It shows the sensor as green how do I change the color of a sensor Red Green Yellow etc. I have a German Version of Prtg and cannot see anywhere to change the color if the sensor reaches a specific range. For example I am Monitory Backupexec the sensor was added and went green how do I tell the sensor to turn red when an error occurs.

Thnx in Advance

color prtg sensor

Created on May 9, 2012 1:03:43 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
what you want to do, can be achieved with channel limits. Please open the "Channels" tab of the sensor and choose the desired channel. Then choose to "Enable Limits" and set the Error/Warning limits to the values you need.
When these limits are reached, the sensor will go to Error/Warning State.
Best regards

Created on May 9, 2012 1:15:04 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

So I guess the answer for changing the sensor area fill color, is no, correct?

Created on Aug 28, 2012 12:00:56 PM

Votes:

Hi,
correct. The fill color cannot be changed easily. What can be done, is using a tool like Firebug to find the respective part in the code and change the color there but this is completely unsupported.
Best regards

Created on Aug 29, 2012 8:30:13 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.