What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Report sensors per probe

Votes:

I am looking for a way to count sensors per probe for billing purpose. It would be nice to automatically generate this rapport on a monthly base. I can't find a way to do that. Is it possible en if yes, how?

Only one row per probe with amount of sensors should be enough (for know :-) )

billing probe reports

Created on May 12, 2012 8:52:35 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

it should be possible to get this information from the API, please see "Setup"->"PRTG API"->"Live Data" and the "XML Table Query Builder" for details.

best regards.

Created on May 14, 2012 2:16:15 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Torsten,

Any hints on the query that is built to accomplish this request? We've made numerous attempts to get an output from the database with just the number of sensors associated with each probe, but have not been successful. We've ended up getting a line by line listing of all sensors (with a count of 1 per sensor at the end), but not a simple report such as the desired:

PROBE 1  (120)
PROBE 2  (125)
PROBE 3  (45)
PROBE 4  (1000)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

Created on May 4, 2018 5:28:54 PM

Last change on May 7, 2018 5:18:25 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hi Todd,

thank you for the post. I'm afraid the best I can do would be a list of groups (with Probe names attached):

/api/table.xml?content=groups&output=csvtable&columns=objid,probe,group,totalsens&id=1

Here I'm filtering for only the Local Probe (id=1 at the end of the URL), you could also leave that to get it from all Probes. A list of just Probes isn't possible I'm afraid, the API does not have an according call. Getting the sensor count per Probe will require some type of calculating this externally (in a script or similar). Sorry.

Created on May 7, 2018 10:43:54 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.