What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No results for dsl0 sensor

Votes:

Hi

I've setup PTRG Network Monitor and it's automatically scanned my Router. (I have a Billion BiPAC 7800N.)

It's created a sensor called 'dsl0' which is listed as 'connected' but no traffic is recorded against it.

There are several other ethernet sensors which are logging traffic, but I wanted to consolidate into one for all broadband traffic.

Any pointers as to why dsl0 might not be working?

I'm using SNMP v1 btw.

Cheers

Simon

7800n billion monitor prtg snmp

Created on May 12, 2012 2:22:06 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

what happens if you disable the "Ignore Zero Values"-Option (under "SNMP Compatibility Options") in the settings of the parent device to these sensors? If you then still see 0 values you could scan against the target with our SNMP Tester. Scan twice, with about one minute between the scans and then compare if the counters did change for this very interface.

best regards.

Created on May 14, 2012 2:20:29 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Torsten

Thanks for your reply.

I have changed the compatibility setting you suggested to: 'Handle zero values as valid results for delta sensors' and there is no change. The counter still remains at 0.

Am I correct in thinking I should use the '32 bit Traffic Counter' option in the tester? If so, how can I tell what MIB2 OID my dsl0 has?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Simon

Created on May 14, 2012 3:16:53 PM

Votes:

In the tester it should be sufficient to use the option "Scan available standard interfaces" and then identify the dsl0-interface (this, if the interface is monitored by a standard SNMP Traffic Sensor in PRTG, and not a SNMP Library Sensor, then you'll need to use the according library).

Created on May 14, 2012 4:58:49 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.