What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows Logged In Users Sensor include RDP/Citrix Users

Votes:

I have several citrix servers that I would like to setup a check to see the amount of logged in users. I found the "Windows Logged In Users Sensor" however it seems to only check the console session and not report all logged in user amounts. It would also be great to filter by disconnected sessions or active sessions. This second part is not as important but would be nice.

Thanks, Andreas

citrix logged-in terminal-server userloggedin

Created on May 14, 2012 3:13:28 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

we'll put both on the wishlist!

best regards.

Created on May 14, 2012 2:30:41 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks!

Created on May 14, 2012 8:53:13 PM

Votes:

Hi

I don't know if this helps but we use the WMI Terminal Services sensor on our Citrix servers and this reports the nummber of sessions.

Having the split of active/disconnected sessions would be useful so I'll vote for that.

The message field of the sensor shows the usernames of people logged in; is there a way to show this in a map?

Created on May 15, 2012 9:54:37 AM

Votes:

Yeah that does work great! I was also wondering if there would be a possibility for us to filter out certain usernames to only get certain usernames counted. I know I am looking for very specific features and I think I will try to create a script that outputs the info. However a native monitor would be great.

Thanks, Andreas

Created on May 16, 2012 2:43:57 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.