What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cannot connect with PRTG Windows GUI

Votes:

We've updated our PRTG to version 7.3.2.5477. After this update we can't connect with the Windows GUI. The error message is: "PRTG Core server runs a different software version. Please update your PRTG Windows GUI."

The link to "Download and Install Update" does not solve the problem.

How can we solve this issue?

connection core-server prtg windows-gui

Created on Apr 8, 2010 8:36:35 AM

Last change on Apr 12, 2010 8:31:57 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

WIN GUI is running on the server or your desktop?

were you able to download the WIN GUI installer and update your version to the latest WIN GUI?

Created on Apr 8, 2010 11:56:12 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

hello,

I have upgraded the three installations we have licence for and the windows gui in the desktop shows error (this error: prtg core server runs a different software version) when accessing two of them, but they all have the same server version.

Created on Oct 25, 2010 4:23:15 PM

Votes:

I have to same issue? when I try to open PRTG Desktop on my desktop PC I get the Error? when I installed on the server I needed to enter the server to connect to IP address and logon info when I installed on my desktop I was not asked this info?

also I get Warning core server and Enterprise Console do not match error if I open PRTG Enterprise console

strangely my current Installed version is 19.2.50.2842+ and only 19.2.50.2842 is available not sure is the + means anything?

Created on Jun 10, 2019 7:13:33 PM

Votes:

Hi Linas,

Thank you very much for your response.

The + indicates that you are running PRTG in 64bit. A 32bit version would be displayed without the +.

As this thread is almost nine years old it is not really likely that your issue is related to the original problem, even though the messages or behavior appear to be similar.

Please further clarify the situation, e.g. by providing us with a full-screen screenshot (neither cropped nor resized) from the current error message as email to [email protected], as it will allow me to better understand the situation you described.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jun 11, 2019 12:00:12 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.