What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

resuming paused sensors

Votes:

I am new guy using PRTG, I am still using the freeware version (limited to 10 sensors), so I have managed to add sensors for 3 solaris servers, but I am having issues with HP-UX sensores, as they are now paused, with a messages "paused by dependency". If I click on resume, they never get resumed. Please can you help?

hp-ux sensors snmp

Created on May 14, 2012 2:28:15 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

you need to check where the dependency "starts". Are these sensors set to be dependent on another in their "Settings"-tab, or maybe the parent device.

best regards.

Created on May 14, 2012 4:53:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 21, 2014 4:23:54 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi

the dependencies starts al "local prpobe" but the same applies for the 1st group which are solaris servers, and for them it works fine.

regards

FR

Created on May 15, 2012 9:25:01 AM

Votes:

Maybe it will help resetting the dependencies to none or parent.

Created on May 15, 2012 1:55:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

very strange now, because I added UPTIME sensor, and was immediately set to ok, but sensors CPU usage and MemInfo are "paused by dependency"???

Created on May 16, 2012 6:33:56 AM

Votes:

please send a screenshot of the dependency settings for the cpu or memory sensor to [email protected]

Created on May 16, 2012 9:09:30 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.