What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I get smaller map markers on the geo maps of PRTG 12+?

Votes:

On the Geo maps we have a large number of sites and i wanted to know if there is a way to change the map icons from the big boxes back to pins?

Can fit WAY more pins on a map then those larger boxes. The boxes mostly fill the entire map and you can't see anything.

geo-maps help marker prtg

Created on May 18, 2012 9:11:02 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Last change on May 21, 2012 9:16:56 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 12 or later

Set Marker Size

We have tried to find a good balance between smaller markers (i.e. more marker visible) and larger markers (i.e., status is better visible).

You can change the size yourself by adding a little CSS code.

For PRTG version 12, add the code to the file customerstyle.css in the \website\css subfolder of your PRTG installation.

As of PRTG version 13.2 or later, add the code to the file styles_custom.css in the \webroot\css subfolder of your PRTG installation.

Use the following code for smaller markers:

.map-marker
{
	padding:0px !important;
	border:none !important;
}

Created on May 18, 2012 9:14:15 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Last change on Jun 10, 2013 9:34:36 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.