What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problem "HTTP 400 Bad request" in Google Analytics sensor

Votes:

Hi,

I'm trying Google Analytics sensor. I performed the necessary configuration and returns me the following error message: "The remote server returned an error. (400) Bad Request". I am not using web proxy for this server. I sought more information in the logs and packet sniffer but nothing I found.

I followed these links:

How can I see what's happening with more details? And, how can I solve this problem? Is there any additional configuration?

error-messages google-analytics ptf

Created on May 25, 2012 1:16:47 PM

Last change on May 28, 2012 7:08:18 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

It turned out there was a typo in the ProfileID.

Username, password and ProfileID must match for this sensor to work as the ProfileID is part of the authorization process.

It is therefore strongly recommended to use the PTF.GAMetrics tool to look up your ProfileID's

Regards,

Created on Jun 4, 2012 3:27:06 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Could you please check the system date/time of your PRTG server or remote probe that runs the sensor? If this not correct, it can cause a requested token to be rejected by Google causing the 400 message.

Regards,

Created on May 30, 2012 4:12:33 PM

Last change on May 31, 2012 11:34:31 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Hi everybody,

I've checked date/time of the PRTG server (local probe) and it's ok.

Best regards,

Created on May 31, 2012 12:48:40 PM

Votes:

Hi Thiago,

Can you contact me directly, I would like to do some debugging with you.

My email address can be found here in the left pane under "Send an email".

Regards,

Created on May 31, 2012 5:05:36 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

It turned out there was a typo in the ProfileID.

Username, password and ProfileID must match for this sensor to work as the ProfileID is part of the authorization process.

It is therefore strongly recommended to use the PTF.GAMetrics tool to look up your ProfileID's

Regards,

Created on Jun 4, 2012 3:27:06 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.