What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor doent work

Votes:

I have PRTG Network Monitor 12.2.1.1897 running suddenly one of the VMware Virtual Machine (SOAP) Sensor gives me following response: Error reading response: missing /prtg

On this VM Server are additional 7 VM sensors that work fine. How do I solve the problem?

prtg sensor vmware

Created on May 31, 2012 6:39:34 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

are all the VMware Virtual Machine Sensors on the same device? What happens when you restart the PRTG Probe Service?

best regards.

Created on May 31, 2012 1:07:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Experiencing the same problem with VMWare "Host Performance" and "Hardware Status" sensors. Deleting them and re-discovering works for a few hours but ultimately the sensors return to a failed state.

Error Message: Error reading response: Invalid XML (missing /prtg)

Created on Jul 31, 2014 6:11:57 PM

Votes:

This could be related to an issue we had with these sensors previously in that the error messages produced by VMWare weren't read correctly by PRTG and as a result this error came out of PRTG. Could you please try and update to the newest version and see if that resolves the issue?

Created on Aug 1, 2014 12:18:40 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.