What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Re-trigger remote probes update

Votes:

After upgrading PRTG to version 12.1, all 33 of our remote probes tried to upate at the same time, this saturated our internet connection and caused most of them to fail.

Now we have about 25 remote probes with status "Manual update required".

I've since changed the registry setting "ProbeUpdateMaxNew" to prevent this happening again.

Now my question, Is there a way to trigger the remote probs to update again? I would like to avoid having to log into each site to manually reinstall.

probe prtg update

Created on May 31, 2012 9:55:03 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

please try if restarting the host machines of the Remote Probes does help. If this does not help, please try restarting the PRTG Core Service (and then potentially again the Remote Probe hosts).

best regards.

Created on Jun 1, 2012 2:24:23 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks. I found that restarting the PRTG Core Service triggered the remote probes to update.

Created on Jun 7, 2012 4:54:21 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.