What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

IP on Blacklist hostname resolution problem

Votes:

Hello,

I added the IP on Blacklist Sensor to one of my hosts, which already has multiple sensors working correctly.

The following error message is shown: This is usually a temporary error during hostname resolution and means that the local server did not receive a response from an authoritative server.

When I ping to the host and to i.e. bl.spamcop.net, it's no problem When I nslookup to the host and i.e. bl.spamcop.net, it's also no problem

The ipv4 address is listed on the hostname and the devicename is the same as the dnsname of the ip address.

The windows system is Windows 2008r2 (64bit) and I read the it would need .Net 2.0, which is for 32bit systems. Does it run on .Net 4, if not, can I still install .Net v2.0 ?

blacklist prtg snmp

Created on Jun 5, 2012 12:39:04 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

In the meantime I added the Application Server Role with .NET Framework 3.5.1 to the server. It should also have the .NET Framework 2.0 components in them, according to the MS website, but it still doesn't work. When installing the .NET Framework 2.0 x64 redistributable, the system claims I should try to install it through the 'Role Management Tool'. However it's not listed anywhere.

Created on Jun 5, 2012 4:17:46 PM

Votes:

Hi,

The IP on Blacklist sensor targets the .NET 2.0 Framework. As framework versions are not backwards compatible, you'll need to install this version. The .NET 2.0 Framework installer for x64 can be downloaded here

Regards,

Created on Jun 5, 2012 5:00:25 PM

Votes:

When installing the .NET Framework v2.0 x64 installer, the message 'This product is already installed as part of the operating system' appears.

Error message on the sensor stays the same.

Created on Jun 5, 2012 6:37:45 PM

Votes:

What is the name or IP you are trying to check with this sensor?

Regards,

Created on Jun 6, 2012 1:37:22 PM

Votes:

83.98.209.21 (server21.happyhosting.nl)

Regards,

Created on Jun 6, 2012 3:26:04 PM

Votes:

Hmm, both IP and DNS Name are working fine for me. Can you contact me directly so we can do some debugging?

My email address can be found here in the left pane under "send an email"

Regards,

Created on Jun 6, 2012 6:59:54 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.