What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

access violation error - PaesslerSNMPWrapper.dll

Votes:

Many probes are failing without apparent reason. After about a week, and before I could look into the issue in the server it fixed itself. Lasted another week and is failing again. Getting the following error: SNMP exception: Access violation at address 003217DD in module 'PaesslerSNMPWrapper.dll'. Read of address 74736948 (State=2)-2008 (SNMP error # -2008)

Running version 9.2.1.2308. Tried restarting the service but still does not work.

access-violation error-messages snmp-sensor

Created on Jun 5, 2012 6:36:38 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

this is most likely an issue that is already fixed with PRTG 12, therefore please update to version 12.

best regards.

Created on Jun 6, 2012 10:59:41 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am getting this error as well. We are running version 12.4.6.3342.

Created on Jan 10, 2013 2:28:25 PM

Votes:

Where exactly do you get this error? Can you please upload a screenshot?

Created on Jan 10, 2013 6:44:38 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have recently upgraded our server to v13. The upgrade went fine, however I had to reboot the box today, and now all of our SMTP Throughput sensors (Which have been working fine) are now giving me the same message.

SNMP exception: Access violation at address 0103303D in module 'PaesslerSNMPWrapper.dll'. Read of address FFFFFFFC (State=2) (SNMP error # -2008)

I've tried stopping/starting the service and this has not resolved the issue. I did do some windows updates on the box (This is why it got a reboot).

This has permitted a few more updates, so I'm going to apply those now, and will reboot again.

I'll update the ticket again if this fixes it.

Created on Feb 13, 2013 2:36:07 PM

Votes:

OK, to update (as promised)

Finishing the windows updates to bring the server up to current date and rebooting once more (Windows 2008 64Bit Standard) I did notice a load of .NET updates and updates to updates going through, and my PRTG SNMP sensors are now working again.

So it would seem that this was broken for me by one (or more) of this mornings updates, but then fixed by applying an update that only became available once I'd installed the broken one.

To summarise..

Windows Updates == Bad... but if you have to do them, do them all ;)

Created on Feb 13, 2013 5:43:57 PM

Votes:

I'm getting the same error and am running v14.2.9.1689. I am running on Windows 7 sp1. This is happens when selecting a large oidlib file that I just created using the MIB Importer. Here's the full message:

Error Message Access violation at address 00E4B3A8 in module 'PaesslerSNMPWrapper.dll'. Write of address 00000004 Sensor Type SNMP Library Device *modified*

Thanks, Sean

Created on Apr 15, 2014 2:14:30 PM

Votes:

Please update to the latest Version. It contains a fix to remove a access Violations while trying to load long oids

Created on Jul 1, 2014 8:43:21 AM by  Mathias Hengl [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.