What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to get back to monitor after disconnection?

Votes:

If I lose my internet connection, when I reconnect my browser will not access the PRTG monitor that had been running. The local probe continues to run but I cannot view anything without reinstalling the application (Free trial version). When I reinstall I get back online and all previous results are visible. How do I get the default browser monitor to reconnect after a disconnect?

default-browser prtg reconnect

Created on Jun 8, 2012 9:12:13 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

When this happens, is the core service running? If not, please start the core service anew. Are you then able to reconnect?

Created on Jun 11, 2012 1:57:51 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hello Patrick, Not sure if core service is running. How would I know? If core service not running how would I start it? Last couple of times I got disconnected I was able to reload the default monitor without running the installer. This is different from what had been happening.

Created on Jun 12, 2012 10:21:32 PM

Votes:

The easiest way to discern if the service is running would be to check with Task Manager. You should see an entry for a PRTG Core service. If this is not the case, you can start the service either by using the Server Administration tool (Windows START menu -> PRTG program group) or by starting the service directly from Windows's service manager.

Created on Jun 13, 2012 11:56:05 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.