What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can't delete remote probe from Network Monitor

Votes:

I get an error that says "Error reading data from server (Http/1.1 400 Bad Request 400)

So I cannot remote a remote probe from the PRTG Network MOnitor.

delete probe remote

Created on Jun 9, 2012 7:06:27 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Please forward us your core and probe log files to [email protected] referencing this knowledge base article.

Created on Jun 11, 2012 1:58:40 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hi.

I have exactly the same problem - cannot delete remote probe from PRTG console and get the same error (Http/1.1 400 Bad Request). I'm using the newest version of PRTG. Is there any solution for this issue?

Best Regards Martin

Created on Feb 13, 2013 12:01:09 PM

Votes:

I have two hints for you that may help:

• Your PRTG user account must have admin rights on the "root" group in order to be able to delete probes.
  • When you tried to remove the probe using the Enterprise Console and it did not work, please try the same in the WebGUI, just to make sure it's not a problem of the EC.

If you don't succeed please open a support ticket!

Created on Feb 13, 2013 3:38:21 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.