What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Aggregate multiple grahps in one graph

Votes:

Hello, I need help, how can I aggregate multiple snmp bandwidth sensors in one graph to see the total bandwidth usage of all of them? Thanks.

bandwidth prtg snmp

Created on Jun 11, 2012 12:09:07 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
you might want to have a look at the Sensor Factory sensor for this purpose.
Best regards

Created on Jun 11, 2012 12:36:48 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Its like i was able to handle the bandwidth_in and Bandwidth_out. I will also like to help anyone that has challenge with their aggregation. With my steps, i believe they will be able to achieve their goals with PRTG version 13.

Steps:

I created a new sensor by clicking on "Add Sensor", it depends on the devices you have created, click on the existing device you have in your configuration. It will list them out, and click on "Continue". You will see Different types of Sensors but click on "Custom Sensor", down below it there is a "Sensor Factory". Click on it. Rename your Sensor Name like Total graph ...... Under Channel Definition: the formula is :

1. 1: Total Traffic_IN&OUT Channel(ID,0)+Channel(ID,1) where ID is the Channel_ID means the channel numbers in the factory itself and (0) is the Traffic_IN and (1) is the Traffic_OUT.

For Example,

1. 1: TOTAL GRAPH Channel (2734,0)+Channel(4190,0)+........+Channel(1234,0)+....+Channel(2345,1)+Channel(7890,1)+.....

Thats it!

Sum the channels up will give you the actual bandwidth you want to monitor.

I hope it is well explanatory.

Ikusan Charles

Created on Mar 10, 2013 1:48:09 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.